Super Heroes do more than just look great in capes, they also help their community! I am proud to be a supporter of animal rescues and helping shelter animals in need. Through the sale of our products the Painting Ponies and I are able to donate funds to The Main Line Animal Rescue, The Chincoteague Pony Rescue, LAPS, SPCA, and The Coast to Coast Dachshund Rescue.
I encourage you to get involved too! Here are some great ways you can help:
- Donate old blankets and towels to your local animal shelter (many make “wish lists” that are available online)
- Purchase some rescue chocolate, 100% of the proceeds support animal rescues
- Purchase pet toys and products from companies who donate a percentage of their sales to rescue groups (Check out some of my Friday Fetch features products for some ideas)
- Donate sweaters and jackets your dog no longer needs to pets in need (I donate mine to the Dachshund Rescue of Bucks County & New Jersey)
- During the Holidays take your pet to get his photo taken with Santa at a place that donates their profits to animal rescues
- Adopt a shelter pet
- Donate funds to your favorite animal rescue
- Attend a Rescue fundraiser in your area
- Volunteer at a shelter
- Spread the word about helping pets in need!
For more inspiration, check out my efforts in Lending a Helping Paw!