Don’t worry, I’m not packing my bags and moving north to become an Eskimo.
Well my mom thought I could use a little wardrobe update this winter so she contacted them and ordered me two custom made coats to fit me exactly.
Since I’m too big to fit into their mini dachshund coat I had to send in custom measurements. So after Voyagers K9 got all my measurements, mom ordered me a winter coat and tummy warmer in yellow and she even had them put in an opening for my harness on the winter coat.
Last night I got to put my coats to the test out on the farm and since I figured some of my canine friends might be in the need for a winter coat this year too I thought I’d share a little review for you!
- Very warm, especially when you layer a tummy warmer & winter coat
- Fits me like a glove and is exactly the perfect length
- Love the hood on the winter coat because I can cover up my ears when it’s really cold
- Seams & velcro seem strong
- Not too bulky and it’s easy for me to move around in
- I can still fit my glowdoggie collar over top of the hood so I’m safe in the dark
- The coats make me look oh so stylish
- I couldn’t order any of the coats with a d-ring sewn onto the outside
- Optional harness opening in winter coat is too high near my neck, meaning I can’t wear my custom harness from my pal Baxter’s mom because the d-ring is too far down my back. But it was at a nearly perfect position to work with my Puppia harness that I have.
- They couldn’t put a harness opening in the tummy warmer, but the neck opening sits a little farther back so I can still reach my d-ring if I wear a harness under the tummy warmer. (I could also probably fit a harness on top of the tummy warmer since it’s thin enough).
- The coat doesn’t go in between my legs like some of the other coats I have, although I feel like I can move a little easier without any fabric there. Time will tell if it keeps me warm enough in the snow without something to protect my chest.
UPDATE – apparently there was a slight mix-up and my coat actually didn’t come with a harness hole, what I actually thought was a harness hole was a hole for a collar. So I think with a harness hole put in it will be at a better position to be used with my custom made harness. I’ll update everyone as soon as I get to test it out! Yipee!
Overall I think my new coats are the perfect addition to my winter wardrobe. We’ll see how long they can hold up to the rigors of farm life!
P.S. Don’t forget Voyagers K9 can make custom coats to fit any size dog, even mixed breeds!
Disclosure – I was not paid or compensated to write this post for Voyagers K9, I simply thought their coats looked warm and snuggly!